Wednesday 21 December 2011

Random Christmas Stuff Number 19

Sprouts!

You will either love them, or hate them, but they seem to have become a staple part of the Christmas dinner in the UK, partly becasue they are one of the few seaonable vegetables we have at this time of year.

I am a firm fan, I adore sprouts, when fresh and cooked correctly (not frozen ones which are quite horrid, or ones that are boiled for hours!). My sisters both hate them, but will allow themselves 2 on their Christmas dinner every year! Still that just means that there are more for me!


These miniature sprouts are from Delph miniatures, and will look great on any dolls house table this Christmas, that's if your dolls like them!! ;)

8 comments:

  1. I thought that the truly typical of Christmas dinner is Roast Turkey! Did not know the sprouts! Bon appétit, my dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked this post but I'm not a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andy,

    I am the only one in my family that eats sprouts, the only time I get to have them is when my MIL cooks them.

    Fi x

    P.S I am a bit nervous Andy but I have something to tell you in your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE them and have even planted them in the garden. A few years ago we even harvested them on Thanksgiving, which is unusual here in Minnesota because everything is usually frozen solid that late in the season.

    I like them roasted in the oven until they start to caramelize --YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pedrete, yes, Turkey, sprouts, roast potatoes, parsnips etc etc, just a lot of food!! ;) what will you be having at Christmas?

    Hola Pedrete, sí, Turquía, coles, patatas asadas, chirivía, etc, etc, sólo un montón de comida! ;) Lo que va a ser tener que comer en Navidad?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw! come on Irene, just one little sprout! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Fi, something to tell me? hmmm, I wonder...

    If you want sprouts you should demand you get them!! I imagine they are not in season right now in Oz?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi John, pleased to hear from a fellow sprout fan! never tried them roasted before, will give that a go! We had some with roast chestnuts on Wednesday, which go well together, but chestnuts are a pain to peel!

    ReplyDelete