Saturday 8 December 2012

Christmas Countdown Day 8

Christmas Countdown Day 8
Scrooge in Miniature

Whilst searching for some suitable images for my previous post about A Christmas Carol, I came across these delightful little miniature scenes by Anne Thomas, from Cumbria, which are currently being displayed at the Dolls' House Emporium's shop at Houghton Hall Garden Centre in Carlisle. I wish I was closer so I could see them close up, but will have to make do with the pictures! 

The scenes show various events within the book, the picture above is when Marley's ghost, complete with chains and safe boxes, appears before Scrooge to warn him of his fate!



This scene shows the Ghost of Christmas Past, the first of the three spirits to visit Scrooge, notice the light on the spirit's head, a nice little detail from the story.


And this scene is, of course, the spooky Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, showing Scrooge his lonely tombstone. 

If you are lucky enough to live near Carlisle, do drop in and see this exhibition at Houghton Hall!

4 comments:

  1. What a Great Project that must have been! I sure wish I were near enough to go see them in person! I LOVE the spirit with the light on her head!!! Thanks for showing this, Andy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a pity I don't live in a country where miniature Christmas scenes were shown in shops etc. Thank you for sharing these pictures, Andy.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice carol that countdown. I love your project.
    Greetings Dorien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andy,

    what lovely little scenes, I wish I could drop by and have a look.....; ) I think my next stop must be the book shop in Noosa and get hold of a copy.

    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete