Wednesday 5 December 2012

Christmas Countdown Day 4

Christmas Countdown Day 4
God Jul

Opps! I was so busy yesterday with wrapping presents and preparing for my real life Christmas, I completely forgot to post my Christmas Countdown yesterday. So I will be posting two today instead!

I have been trying to learn the words to a couple of well known Christmas carols in another language recently. Don't ask me why, it's just something I felt like doing. I ended up choosing Swedish (hence the title above) and the two carols I have been learning to sing in Swedish are;  Stilla Natt 
(Silent Night) and O Helga Natt (O Holy Night).

Now, I won't offend your ears by recording myself singing, I have found some beautiful examples of these songs, sung in Swedish, on You Tube, and have posted them below. I hope you enjoy them. 


O Helga Natt sung by Jussi Bjorling




Stilla Natt sung by Sissel

4 comments:

  1. How wonderful, thanks for sharing. I would like to hear you sing too ;)!!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just never know when the ability to sing a Christmas Carol in another language may come in handy! Hats off to you for learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've chosen two of the most beautiful carols ever... btw, I have a version of "Silent Night" sung in Galic by Enya... sounds great, but I would not be able to sing it this way (LOL).

    Greetings
    Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, I might try and down load them to play on Christmas Day!!

    I just wish I could sing like that......or even half a well!!

    Fi X

    ReplyDelete