Thursday 6 December 2012

Christmas Countdown Day 6

Christmas Countdown Day 6
Candy Canes


Another polymer food make today, this time it's candy canes. These are a fairly recent visitor to British shores from America, though we have similar peppermint sweets and sticks of rock, these candy canes are now becoming popular at Christmas. 

To make them is fairly easy, just take two thin sausage shapes of red and white Sculpy or Fimo, and lay them next to one another on a clean, smooth, flat surface. Slowly roll the two together and they will become one long stripy stick, which you can then cut to size. Curve one end over to look like a cane. Bake in the oven as instructed. Once cooled they can be used to decorate Christmas trees, or fill stockings!

11 comments:

  1. Bellissime miniature!!!
    Baci
    Elvira

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andy
    Sorry Im so late - Christmas mania!!

    Love the Christmas Countdown Posts. I'm off to read the others.
    hope you are both well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simon, Christmas preparations are manic here too! david and I are both very well thanks, hope all goes well with you two!

      Andy xxx

      Delete
  3. For all their simplicity, they look lovely. Your blog is better than an advent calender!

    Jonquil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jonquil,

      Thanks, I think there is a translucent Fimo available which would make these candy cane look more realistic, but they were fun to do. Glad you're enjoying the posts!

      Andy xxx

      Delete
  4. You are too cute Mr FIMO expert!!

    Those candy canes are so perfect you are really getting me into the Christmas spirit. CC are one of Mia's favourites and i have just bought boxes of them. I must do some for the Doll house when I finally sit down......I think that will be in Noosa and I do plan to take my FIMO....hehe I wonder how it will go in the suit case???

    ML Fi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're taking Fimo on holiday?! Why am I NOT surprised LOL!!!

      Delete
  5. It seems so strange to me that Candy Canes would not be Everywhere at Christmas!!! Yours are Lovely.... and someday I hope to get the hang of making mini Food! I really look forward to seeing the Swan all decorated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Betsy, many thanks! I think you'll only have a couple of weeks to wait until The Swan opens for Christmas!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love to see your Christmas posts, Andy, the canes worked out very well. Perhaps you can add some translucent clay, they will look more realistic then they already are :D!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete